Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Great Cabbage Challenge 2


 One thing I discovered about this cabbage is that it is fairly tasteless.   I am thinking the recipes will all need lots of spices added.   I started off the experiment with something fried.  What I like about fritters is that you can add any spices and grated veggies to the mixture to change up the flavor.  This time I did a fairly basic version of a fritter.

Potato cabbage fritters

2 cups grated potato  
2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
1 small onion
2 eggs
½ cup flour
 ½ cup masa flour
 ½ cup milk
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon of pepper
A few teaspoons of your favorite spices  ( I did this time a Bavarian spice mix from Penzeys Spices)
Mix all together and fry up

I topped it with a lightly sautéed garlic and beet tops

No comments:

Post a Comment